Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankfulness comes from strange places


Today I realized that I am absolutely thankful for EVERY struggle I have ever encountered. I am thankful for my past because it has brought me to this place - right here right now. These past 15 years of my life have been such a struggle to find my place - to figure out who I am and where I want to go. I am becoming more profoundly aware that it is in these struggles and these valleys that I am given the privilege to become more like my sweet Savior, Jesus Christ.


And it is because of these struggles that I have had to lean into my family and depend on them to keep me moving when it seemed I couldn't take another step. What an honor it is to be able to depend on your family and to have them respond in such gentleness and kindness.


And where would I be if it were not for my precious children, Cooper and Katherine? For they have given me purpose and chipped away at my hard exterior allowing me to feel love deeper than I knew was humanly possible.


And my loyal and honorable husband, Tom, who has shown me what commitment looks like. He has proven to me that we can press forward to find a new day.


And THANK YOU giver of all good for allowing me the privilege to work with my hands in an art form that is nothing less than exquisite. How utterly blessed I am that I am allowed to add to the beauty.


I hope that everyone finds reason to be thankful this November 27th.


1 comment:

[found] said...

What a wonderful revelation and insight into your Father's work in your life.....faithfully changing you into the image of His dear Son...and He won't quit until the day of the coming of His Son....I love you, sweet Lucy B.....Hey! did you make that wreath in the picture or did Heather? It is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!